Monday 13 January 2014

Thrumpton Hall wedding open day

 Yesterday I was exhibiting at Thrumpton Hall wedding open day. This was my stand in the large marquee.
 I based my designs on spring and kept the colours fairly neutral. The first bouquet was a hand-tie of ivory roses with bouvardia and amaryllis with ginesta and pitto. The stems were bound fully with ivory satin ribbon with a lace overlay.
 The second bouquet was another hand-tie of white tulips, yellow sol d'or and ginesta with eucalyptus. The stems were bound with yellow ribbon. This is a gorgeous scented bouquet.
 One of the table centres was my new candelabras. This time I thought I would create a ring of flowers around the base. This had ivory roses, spray roses, freesia, stallion chrysants and ginesta. A mix of eucalyptus and pitto foliage.
 I also decided to create a flower crown of orchids, roses, mimosa and ginesta with eucalyptus and ivy. These are getting very popular in fashion shoots and with brides.
 Another table centre was one of my new black urns. This was designed to match in with the spring bouquet with tulips and sol d'or mixed foliage and birch twigs. This was sat on a large mirror with my star tea light holders.

My view yesterday, this was fairly late on when most people had gone from the marquee.
 A couple of views from around the hall. The lake at the front of the hall
 and the view of some of the gardens. It must look stunning on a beautiful summers day, rather than a cold, wet wintry one.
To see Thrumpton Halls own blog post on the event click here

No comments: